How to Use Binance Authenticator for 2FA on Binance
To further enhance the security of your account, Binance introduces the Binance Authenticator for generating 2-step verification codes when you need to verify your requests or make transactions.
Download the Binance Authenticator here.
How to enable Binance Authenticator?
1. Log in to your Binance account and click [Profile] - [Security]. Click [Download Binance Authenticator] to download the app on your phone.
2. If you haven’t enabled any authenticators yet, click [Enable].
3. You will be redirected to the [Enable Binance/Google Authenticator] page. Click [Binance Authenticator] and download the app if you haven’t.
4. You will then see a QR code and a 16-digit key on the screen.
Open Binance Authenticator on your phone and scan the QR code, or enter the 16-digit key manually.
5. You should see a 6-digit code.
Tips: How to customize your Binance Authenticator?
5.1 Swipe right on the code to [Pin], [Edit], or [Delete].
5.2 You can also tap the [+] button on the top right corner to add multiple accounts to your Binance Authenticator.
5.3. If you added multiple accounts to your Binance Authenticator, you can swipe right on each code and tap [Edit] to set up customized names for each account.
6. Back up your new key in secure locations and click [Next].
7. To enable Binance Authenticator for your account, verify with your 2FA devices.
8. You have successfully enabled Binance Authenticator.
How to reset Binance Authenticator?
1. If you’ve already bound your Google Authenticator to your Binance account, or your Binance Authenticator is not working properly, you need to remove your current Google Authenticator or Binance Authenticator first, as you can only enable either Binance Authenticator or Google Authenticator for your account. Click [Change] - [Confirm] to proceed.
Please note in order to protect your account, withdrawals and P2P selling will be disabled for 24 hours after you change your Authenticator.
2. You will be redirected to the [Change Binance/Google Authenticator] page. Complete 2FA verification with your 2FA devices, including your current Google Authenticator.
3. You will see a QR code and a 16-digit key on the screen. Open Binance Authenticator and scan the QR code, or enter the 16-digit key manually.
4. You should see a 6-digit code. Click [Next].
5. Back up your new key in secure locations and click [Next].
6. To enable Binance Authenticator for your account, verify with your 2FA devices, including the code from your newly-enabled Binance Authenticator.
7. You have now enabled Binance Authenticator.