Binance supports high leveraged transactions through the use of complex risk control engines and settlement models. By default, leverage is set to 20x. You may adjust the leverage to your preference. The higher the leverage, the lower value of the trader's position.
Important note: Effective July 27th, 2021, Binance Futures will introduce leverage limits for users with registered futures accounts of less than 60 days. The following leverage limits will apply:
- From the effective date, new users with registered futures accounts of less than 60 days will not be allowed to open positions with leverage exceeding 20x.
- The new leverage limits will also apply to existing users with registered futures accounts of less than 60 days:
- Users with open positions of less than 20x leverage will not be allowed to adjust their open positions beyond 20x leverage.
- Users with open positions of more than 20x leverage may choose to maintain their position leverage but will not be allowed to increase their position leverage further. They will only be allowed to deleverage their open positions to 20x and below.
- For new users with no open positions, all new positions must not exceed 20x leverage.
- Leverage limits for new users will gradually increase only after 60 days from registration.
For a detailed explanation of leverage, please refer to:
- Leverage and Margin of USDT-Margined Futures Contracts
- Leverage and Margin in Coin-Margined Futures Contracts
1. To adjust your leverage, click on the [20x] icon on your futures trading interface.
2. Next, you will see the Adjust Leverage pop-up screen. Please note that if you do not adjust any leverage before placing an order, the system's default leverage will be 20x.
3. You can adjust the leverage multiple by moving the indicator or clicking the [+] or [-] icon. After adjusting the leverage, click [Confirm].
4. After successfully adjusting the leverage, you will see the new leverage.
Please ensure that the leverage you select is correct before placing an order.